Mussoorie is an attractive hill station in Uttarakhand, famous for its beautiful hilly terrain and mountains. Around the many waterfalls near Mussoorie, you can find the perfect picnic spot, a peaceful nature getaway or the perfect destination for a long drive. See where our pick of these 5 picturesque locales will take you!
- Distance from Shiva Continental:18.7 km (45 mins)
- How to Reach:Take a Left from Picture Palace Barrier and go towards Library Chowk. Once you reach Library Chowk take the Yamunotri Road. It is 15 km from Library Chowk. Kempty Falls is accessible by car, taxi, or bus which are easily available from Mussoorie station.
Mossy Falls is a well-kept secret of the hill town of Mussoorie. Tucked amid mountains, Mossy Falls offers a sight of absolute euphoria as it is hidden away from the conventional chaos and din of the city. The highlight of the fall is a Shivalinga hidden near the fall, drenched by the continuously flowing water, creating a surreal sight.
- Distance from Shiva Continental:3.5 km (15 mins)
- How to Reach:Take a Left from Picture Palace Barrier and go towards Barlow Ganj. Once you reach Kamal Cottages take the road for Mossy Falls.
- Bonus Tip:To reach the falls you have to do a trek, which is slightly rough terrain. In case you are with someone who can't trek or with children, avoid going to this place.
Bhatta Fall is hailed as one of the best waterfalls in Mussoorie. Along with the beautiful falls, you’ll find many activities to do over there like swings, zip-lining, and a few others. For children, there are battery-operated cars and bikes. To relax they have made small gardens to relax and a restaurant. So, if you are looking for a place to visit with your kids, Bhatta Falls is all that you are looking for.
Distance from Shiva Continental:14.1km (40 mins)
How to Reach:You can use your vehicle to reach the Bhatta Fall centre from there you have to take a ropeway to go down to the fall.
It is a beautiful waterfall that gushes with water. To reach the falls you have to do a trek of 1.5 km. Once you reach the base along with the waterfall you can enjoy a mesmerising view of the nearby peaks (Shivalik Range) and the amazing valley.
- Distance from Shiva Continental:4.6 km (20 mins)
- How to Reach: Take a left from Picture Palace Barrier and go towards Barlow Ganj. Once you reach Kamal Cottages take the road for Mossy Falls. Once you reach Khetwala from there you have to do the trek to reach the Jharipani falls.